Thank you to all who have sent letters. I apologize for being so slow in responding, the days are long and the nights are short. We are now receiving mail daily from Monday to Friday. When we receive a letter we have to do ten push-ups. One day I received four letters! My good health is a result of you!
To answer some questions (1) I am following orders, would you expect any different? (2) I have not learned to cook, but I have met some who are single or stay-at-home fathers. We have potlucks on occasion. When told to do something religious, preachers either take up an offering or assemble a potluck. I have also learned you should not eat at the Mexican Restaurant. (3) Thanks for the joke about Suburbanites and grass, very insightful. I would share it with an NCO, but they seldom have a sense of humor. Well, except when they are yelling at someone. Then, they are quite comedic. Come on chaplain, too easy, too easy. What are you doing, chaplain? This ain't no Dancing with the Stars. (4) I did not vomit in the gas chamber, thank you Lord! Yes, trust your technology. (5) We have high 90's most days. This Wednesday is supposed to be 102 degrees. I believe the humidity is usually around 60% this time of year.
(6) CIMT is about the chaplain as soldier and those four weeks are now over. Phase 1 begins tomorrow. From here on, we will learn about the chaplain as religious figure. It is known as "Death by Power Point" from this point forward. We will take some field trips to different historical sites etc., but mostly it is now classroom time. That is good in some ways and not so good in other ways. The PT will begin to pick up more now as we are conditioned and acclimated. HOOAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment